Re: 72 dpi graphics appearing at roughly 50 dpi

> "Importing graphics (File > Import > File) by reference and then specifying
> the imported graphic scaling as 72 dpi actually scales the image at about 50
> dpi, making it much larger (and ragged) in both display and print than it
> should actually be. Checking properties verifies that Frame believes it is
> indeed set to 72 dpi. Wa'sssuuuup?"
>
> What he showed me was a printout of a word file with the same exact graphic
> as what's in the frame file. Now as I understand it, word brings in the file
> at the native dpi of the graphic (which is 72 in this case).

Others may disagree, but I claim that a bitmap graphic has no native DPI
of itself. A bitmap graphic is a certain number of pixels in width and height.
One may argue that the "native" screen resolution of a Macintosh or Windows
screen image is 72 or 96 dpi, but in reality a bitmap image doesn't have a
resolution expressed in "dots per inch" until it's physically realized,
on either a particular monitor or a particular printer. (An "inch" is by
definition a physical measurement in the real world.)

The DPI value given by FM is the resolution when *printed*, nothing else.
Do like this: open the bitmap graphic in a graphic application like
Photoshop or PaintShop Pro and check the number of pixels of the graphic.
Then calculate how large it would become in print at 72 dpi and compare
this with the actual size when printed. If these values differ, you have
a weird situation. Perhaps FM has trouble interpreting the image format?
What image format is it?