Overlapping monospaced letters onscreen; related to print problem?

Using Frame 6/MacOS9.1:

At 200% my Courier characters often overlap and/or do not draw onscreen
accurately (when I select a what looks like a string may actually be a
different string; there's some offset in what the screen displays and what
actually gets selected). I am not testing this condition at other
enlargements and was surprised to encounter it at a simple 2X value). I must
revert to 100% for synonymous viewing/selecting.

This makes me wonder if a problem I had ascribed to the Canon S800 print
driver, and which has never gotten resolved, wherein a) some, but not all,
widely-tracked Courier characters overlapped and b) some, but not all,
Courier characters in lines of program code copy overprinted the bounding
area defined by the frame (which happened to be the pages' main, default A
frame).

Lastly, I wonder too why such heavy-hitting page layout apps (Frame, XPress)
are subject to screen artifacts? Almost every time I copy/paste textual data
within a Frame file heading lines in the vicinity leave artifacts in there
original location after getting pushed down by the paste. Artifacts
typically do not occur in vector and bitmap drawing apps, where screen data,
including type, is repetitively moved about.

Bart Windrum
Diogenes Inc.
Denver Development Office
410 17th St. #1380