RE: EndNote

You could put the footnotes (endnotes actually) in a separate file AS
YOU WRITE THEM. Put them in order, and use an autonumbered paragraph
format. In your document, instead of inserting a footnote, insert a
cross-reference to the footnote, using a cross-reference format of
<$paranumonly> so that only the number is inserted. You'll also want to
assign a character tag to the cross-reference to make the number
superscript, and this should be part of the cross-reference format. So
the format might actually read <superscript><$paranumonly>, where
<superscript> is the name of your character tag.

Debbi Fortney
Technical Trainer/Consultant
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker & Photoshop
Bothell, WA 98011
425-482-2617
debbi.fortney@verizon.net