RE: FrameMaker+SGML Silent Open

> I've just heard a rumor of a "Silent Open".  Does anyone know
> what this is and how to perform it?

This is what the command confiduration file contains:

<Command OpenHeroic
    <Label Heroic Open...>
    <KeySequence \!oH>
    <Definition \x306>
    <Mode All>>
*** After a OpenHeroic command, the document should be saved as MIF and
reopened
*** prior to editing.

<Command OpenSilent
    <Label Silent Open...>
    <KeySequence \!oS>
    <Definition \x307>
    <Mode All>>
*** A document opened via the SilentOpen command should never be saved; open
*** it using the Open command to see if any reformatting took place during
open.

So, "Esc o H" for heroic open and "Esc o S" for silent open.
I guess the heroic one tries to open damaged files, and the
silent one opens without giving any error messages.
I have no idea if or how good they work, but I have damaged
files that I'll try them on.