Re: real dumb frame/xml question

XML docs are in Unicode. Neither FM+SGML nor ordinary FrameMaker support
Unicode. FrameMaker's character set is limited to the 255 ASCII code
points, and about 6 of  those code points are locked, which affects, for
instance, the capability to produce or import documents in Eastern European
and Cyrillic languages unless you use special fonts.
At 11:33 AM 2/18/02 +0100, Studio Smalbro wrote:
>I know this question is really stupid, but nevertheless: why doesn't
>Framemaker have an "import as xml" filter?
>Is it because there are some features in xml which won't translate right
>into Framemaker... or some such thing ?
>regards
>Bjørn

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663