RE: Frame Crash - Internal Error: 6004, 6016882, 7541026, 0

At 09:42 AM 2/14/02, Thomas Neuburger wrote:
>Hi Karl,
>
>I'll second Art's comment and lay the blame on the OS. The key to your
>post is "Win98". You can't run Win98 for extended periods without
>rebooting, especially if you are doing lots of work. And the lower your
>available disk space, the more frequent the problems.

I find this very odd.  I run 98SE at home and run all day without problems
(PIII 866, 20gig drive, 1 gig memory) and Win2K at work (PIII 866, 20gig
drive, 512 meg memory) I use exactly the same tools and techniques both
places.  Work crashes about once a week, home never since I put in more
memory - used to have 256.  My experience is that I ran out of ram and
things bogged down but did not crash.  At work when I had 128 meg memory I
could hardly get anything done.  Got 512 megs and it's much better, but not
as good as home.  So my guess is get more system memory.

YMMV.

Allen Schaaf
Sr. Tech Writer
Fourelle Systems, Inc.

Who says bad manuals aren't a risk to your life?  Just ask the passengers
of the jet where the engine caught fire because the company's maintenance
manual was wrong about how to install one key bolt.  (NTSB Report on GE CF6
engine fire, American Airlines flight 574, July 9, 1998.
<http://www.ntsb.gov/publictn/1999/AAB9903.htm>)