RE: Frame Crash - Internal Error: 6004, 6016882, 7541026, 0

Hi Karl,

I'll second Art's comment and lay the blame on the OS. The key to your post
is "Win98". You can't run Win98 for extended periods without rebooting,
especially if you are doing lots of work. And the lower your available disk
space, the more frequent the problems.

Software solutions:

o  Upgrade to Win2k, as suggested below. It's NT-based and more bullet-proof.

o  Delete files from disk. You want the highest possible ratio of free disk
space to used disk space. (I don't know why the ratio matters if the disk
is large, but in my experience it does.)

o  Don't run high mem programs when running Frame (I know that's not always
possible, but try.) Running Frame, Eudora, and Netscape together, for
example, for long periods will eventually crash the OS.

o  Close the programs named above and reopen them periodically. This
"tends" to free resources.

o  Reboot frequently.

(Did I mention upgrading from Win98? That's the real solution.)

Good luck,

Tom Neuburger

The Masters Series: FrameMaker 6
ISBN 1-930597-01-0