Re: [austechwriter] Font warlocks: anomalous behaviour of font options in Para Designer

Hedley,

I'll stick my neck out and hazard a guess: as far as I'm aware, the original
TrueType spec was not truly cross-platform. I believe that the latest spec is,
though I've been wrong before...

So my guess is that the fonts you've downloaded are Apple-specific. Try to find
a Windows-specific source.

There's another possibility: fonts available from "grab-bag" sites are often
not kosher. I've been bitten often enough by cheap or free fonts that exhibit
all sorts of disquieting behaviour.

Michael Lewis

Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia
www.brandle.com.au