FM 6.0: Table number not incrementing across chapters.

I'm having a problem with getting the table numbers (Table 1, Table 2, etc.)
to continue incrementing across chapters in a book. The tables begin
renumbering at 1 in each chapter. I need them to continue numbering from the
last table in the previous chapter.

The Autonumber Format for the TableTitle paragraph tag is defined as T:Table
<n+>:

I tried creating tabletitle_1 where autonumbering is set to T:Table <n=1>:
and TableTitle where autonumbering is set to T:Table <n+>: but doesn't solve
the problem.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks,

Jane E. Post