Master Page Updates

I'm about to put my foot through the screen. I've spent the past hour trying
to get the body pages to accept the master pages changes I've made.

This is FM 6.0 on NT 4.0. I inherited this doc from a former writer so I
don't know its origins. I was trying to change the format by modifying the
Left/Right master pages. The dimensions of text frames have been changed and
a side head added. When shifting back to the body changes, I don't get the
warning about format overrides and the body pages do not reflect the
changes.

There are only three master pages -- First, Left and Right. I've done Master
Page Usage... a hundred times. I've done Update Column Layout... a hundred
times. I've MIF'd the file and reopened it.

The oddest thing is when I deleted all the text and empty pages, closed the
file, reopened and space-barred three new pages into the doc. Sure 'nuff,
they came in with the old layout WHEN THERE ARE NO MASTER PAGES THAT HAVE
THAT LAYOUT.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Jim Stauffer, Sr. Technical Writer
BeamReach Networks
Sunnyvale, CA