From: Lee Richardson [mailto:lhr@Adobe.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 2:41 PM
To: Framers1; Framers2
Subject: Re: OT: Typesetting self-pronouncing words

The CD-ROM American Heritage dictionary includes its own TrueType fonts for
the special pronunciation characters.

Somewhat off-topic, I always thought a great use of rubi in English text
would be to provide pronunciations over the base word. Don't think anyone
has ever done it, for whatever reason (one likely being that you'd need to
run FrameMaker on a Japanese OS to get the J feature set to show up).

...Lee