Re: MIF/platform conversion problems

Irene:

> I redid our project templates in
> 6.0 and sent them to Chris as zipped MIF files, but he says he cannot
open
> them and that "Frame is requesting that they be opened with Wordpad."   I
> asked Ben to try opening the MIF files in 5.5.6 on his PC, but he said
they
> opened in 6 but not in 5.5.6.  I have no problem in opening them in 5.5.1
> on my Mac.

It is significant that you can open them in an old version of FM on your
Mac.

Since MIF files are just ASCII files, perhaps it's that old end-of-line
difference between UNIX, Windows, and Macintosh text files.  I forget which
is which, but one uses LFCR, one uses CR, and one uses LF.  Try opening
your file in BBedit or whatever and saving to the Windows text-file format.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor