MIF/platform conversion problems

I use Frame on the Mac and work remotely with two editors who have Frame on
PC.  Chris has only an older version of Frame, which he said is 5.5.2; Ben
and I have 6.0 and also older versions.  I redid our project templates in
6.0 and sent them to Chris as zipped MIF files, but he says he cannot open
them and that "Frame is requesting that they be opened with Wordpad."   I
asked Ben to try opening the MIF files in 5.5.6 on his PC, but he said they
opened in 6 but not in 5.5.6.  I have no problem in opening them in 5.5.1
on my Mac.

My understanding, confirmed by our distinguished member from Australia, was
that MIF files were transportable across versions and platforms, yet
neither of these PC users can open my files in older versions.  Has anyone
else had this problem?  Any advice on how to overcome it?

TIA,

irene

Irene Rush
Writing, Editing, Indexing