Re: S.O.T. Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 and IE 6 dumps Mozilla plug-ins

Hedley,

> A courageous move

HA! Interesting conclusion! IMO, it's just one more example of MS's
conviction that they own us and have divine right to oppress us in
whatever way they deem profitable. MS is evil. Go Linux and don't turn
back. Windows is one or two revs away from doing nothing for the user
and simply displaying ads. MS slowly but inexorably turning the end user
experience into a Burma-Shave sign. Just say no.

To answer your question (and for the benefit of others on the list):

from http://www.ufaq.org/ns6/default_browse.html

> How can I make Netscape 6 the default browser on my system.
>
>      Applies To: Netscape 6.1; All Windows platforms
>
>          Go to Edit | Preferences | Advanced | System. On the right side of the
>          window, check the boxes for the types of files you would like
>          Netscape 6 to open. Be sure that at least "Hypertext Transfer Protocol
>          (http:)" and "Secure HTTP (https:)" are selected for Netscape 6 to
>          become your default browser.

The *best* place to go for NS info is ufaq.org.
--
Malcolm