Re: Question for NT Users Creating PDF Files

> > First, using the 'save as PDF' option is the *worst* method of creating
> > PDFs. You can get by with it if you have relatively small, simple documents.
> > For anything substantial, 'print to file' to create a PS file, then distill it.
>
> Is this problem peculiar to NT? I regularly save 200 page documents with
> 100s of illustrations to pdf on our Solaris UNIX system. Have never had a
> problem.

The problem appears in the less-than-perfect Windows implementation.
On UNIX systems, Save As PDF or Print to PDF works flawlessly, since
there are no printer drivers (in the Windows sense) involved.

The Print dialog on UNIX is actually, and surprisingly (?), much more
user-friendly compared to the Windows version.