Re: Import a XML dtd in Frame 6

At 02:54 AM 8/2/01 -0700, Egwin J. Robaard wrote:
>One of our clients sent me a few XML-docs including a XML dtd.
>I have to create an EDD. I can't just 'import' ...
>Is there anyone ... u experts ;) who knows an easier way than making a
>SGML dtd from my XML dtd??

Egwin,
  What problems are you having? The problems I run into most often
with XML DTDs are:

1) Not having omitted tag minimization parameters in element type
   declarations, i.e., declarations such as:

   <!ELEMENT foo (#PCDATA)>

   instead of

   <!ELEMENT foo - o (#PCDATA)>

   This one is easily solved: simply provide an SGML declaration that
   specifies OMITTAG NO.

2) Underscore characters in names. This is not an SGML error with the
   correct SGML declaration. Unfortunately, however, the SGML parser used
   by FM+SGML doesn't support it. Here, you'll have to change the DTD.

3) Multiple occurrences of a name token in the same attribute definition
   list, e.g., something like:

   <!ATTLIST foo
       background (black, red, white) black
       foreground (black, green, blue) blue

   Again, you'll need to change the DTD by eliminating at least one of
   the name token groups, perhaps to:

   <!ATTLIST foo
       background (black, red, white) black
       foreground NAME blue