Re: EDD question concerning lists

First I'd get rid of the ItemFirst element. Instead, use the {first} context
rules to set the numbering of the first item to 1. More elegant, and you can
reorder your lists without having to retag.

To limit the number of nests I have only been able to think of two solutions:

1 - Ugly from a structure point of view is having distinct tags for each level.
This is nasty because you lose the advantages of nesting and moving a nested
structure will often require retagging.

2 - Define the numbering for the first two levels and then define the formatting
as something large, bold, coloured, and strike-through for all further nesting.
While it doesn't stop the authors from trying, it certainly tells them it's not
wanted.

Eric L. Dunn