Bug: Hidden conditional anchored frame kills FrameMaker

All:

A colleague using FrameMaker 6 on Windows NT 4 is using conditional tags to
customize deliverables for different markets.  She applied a condition tag
which was hidden (i.e. Show button set in the Show/HIde Conditional Text
dialogue) to an anchorde frame containing an imported graphic.  Because the
condition was hidden, the graphic instantly disappeared ... and so did
FrameMaker.  Unfortunately, FrameMaker did NOT create a recovery file nor a
crash log.

A possible workaround we are testing is to place each anchored frame in its
own paragraph (Anchoring Position: At Insertion Point) and apply the
condition to the ENTIRE paragraph, including the anchored frame.

Coincidentally, we were also having other problems related to anchored
frames with hidden conditions on Windows 2000.  We have been unable to
convert FM files to HTML (MS HTML Help format) using mif2go over the past
several weeks.  Jeremy Griffith traced this to the fact that some anchored
frames were hidden in the affected file.  When all conditional content was
made visible we were able to convert the files successfully.  As soon as we
applied the condition visibility settings (Show button), hiding graphics in
some anchored frames, FrameMaker crashed.

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 6.0p405, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.03,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31r25, IXgen 5.5.h]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor
MYOB Australia <http://www.myob.com.au/>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
<mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au>
Tel. +61 3 9894 0945
Mob. +61 412 461 558