Pesky change bars never go away

A colleague uses change bars in her workflow. Using the standard method to clear change bars, she sometimes has files where the change bars refuse to go away. We've tried the usual Save-as-MIF, use-search-to-eradicate-change-bars, restarting Frame, and other tactics but it just isn't working.

I suspect his is a bug...anyone have any useful workarounds? Please respond directly as I'm on the digest for the "big" list.

Thanks and nice to actually ask a Framers question again!

Regards,
Jason