Frame book file window behavior (Was: pdf bookmarks)

Good point, Hedley, and generalizable. The Frame 6 book file window behaves
logically, but counter-intuitively if you're familiar with earlier versions.

Frame 6 book file actions operate on the files selected in the book file
window -- format imports, searches, the lot. In Frame 5 and before, you
merely made the book file window current and then did stuff. In Frame 6 you
have to make the book file window current, *select the files to operate
on*, and then do stuff.

Since much of the time you'll do things across all files in the book, I
suggest making a habit of hitting Ctrl-A to select all files. I.e., make
the book file window current, hit Ctrl-A, then select your action.

If you want to reduce your file selection to certain ones, do so. At least
you'll be in the habit of making a selection. And it will stop you from
wondering why those pesky imported paragraph formats didn't seem to get
imported after all.

Cheers,

Tom Neuburger

The Masters Series: FrameMaker 6