Viewing documents with japanese characters on non-japanese windows

Hi!

Is there any way to display a mixed FrameMaker 6.0 document with japanese
and latin characters on a non-japanese Windows 98SE? I thought I managed
this before on a Windows machine, but I am unable to do it now. (Could
have been a Windows NT, though.) I only get black dots instead of the
japanese characters.

Japanese fonts are installed and Word 2000 does all the japanese input and
output probably. For FM I could do with a correct view (and printout) of
the document with the ability to edit the latin part and possibly being
able to paste a properly coded JIS text to the document from a different
japanese word processor.

Is this possible on Windows 98SE or do I really need the Windows 98J or an
other Windows?

Gerald Vogt