Re: PDF missing parts of FM drawings

The problem is due to (a) the unusual manner in which FrameMaker
does patterns in conjunction with the PostScript driver and (b) some
problems in Distiller 4.05.

The results are much better with the combination of AdobePS 4.5.x and
Acrobat Distiller 5 (no, not just the driver by itself, sorry!). The
best results appear with the Windows 2000 driver (PSCRIPT 5.2) and
Acrobat Distiller 5.

Personally, I would not recommend use of FrameMaker fill patterns for
graphics. If you are getting that sophisticated, you are MUCH better
off creating your graphics in Illustrator and importing the resultant
EPS file. Much more accurate and dependable graphics.

        - Dov

PS: Please don't shoot the messenger. He is allegedly on vacation
this week.