PDF missing parts of FM drawings

Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222A
FrameMaker 5.5.6p145
PostScript Printer Driver 4.4.1 (068) ADOBEPS4.DRV,
ADIST4.PPD
Acrobat Distiller 4.05 1026 13:25

When I print to Acrobat Distiller (create a .ps file and
then distill it), the fill patterns in drawings made with
FrameMaker graphics tools do not show in the resulting PDF,
nor do they show when I print from the PDF.  The rest of
each drawing is present, but all the fills are missing
(diagonal stripe and cross-hatch patterns).

I have tried every combination of Distiller settings I can
think of.  None has made any difference.  Any suggestions?
Is this a known Acrobat deficiency?

--C

Carolyn Stallard - cstallard@surfnetusa.com
CRONE CONSULTING - Technical Writing / Editing / Design / QA

"The single biggest problem with communication
is the illusion that it has taken place."  --G. B. Shaw