Overprint problems in imported EPS graphics

Framers,

I have created a graphic in Illustrator that has black text on a
light-filled background. To avoid misregistration problems (and the tedium
of trapping), I have set the black text to overprint the fill rather than
knocking it out. When I print separations from Illustrator, all is in order:
the fill has not been knocked out (there is no white characters to match the
black text).

However, when I import the graphic into Frame and print separations, the
fill is knocked out.

Has any encountered this and know of a solution?

Cheers

Geoffrey Marnell
Learning Products
Appliance and Calculator Operation