Re: changing to 2-column format in middle of file

Unfortunately, Word is Word. I have created two column and three column
information in Word. In reality, however, it is a string of informatinon
that is best described as one bit of information per line (what you call
single long column). The format of multiple columns in Word simply wraps
thw single column into multiple columns as a form on the page. It does
nothing to the actual structure of the document. Think of it as a template
somewhat line a two-column index to a book. The information is streaming
down the page until it hits the bottom of the first column and then,
instead of shifting to the next page, it shifts to the top of the next
column. Therefore, when you convert this to Frame, it reads only the
information in single column and not the format.

If you read it into Frame and then set the template in Frame to two-column,
does it restructure the information the way you want to see it?

Greg

Irene Struthers Rush <irene@slonet.org>@omsys.com on 06/23/2001 02:28:29 PM

Sent by:  owner-framers@omsys.com