Re: Overlapping conditions

> We mark parts of the file with a "Ham" condition tag, other parts with
> a "Cheese" condition tag, and the rest remains unconditional. [...]
> I thought I could apply an "Australia" or "New Zealand" condition tag to
> parts of the file that already contain either a Ham or Cheese tag.
> Unfortunately, FrameMaker displays the parts for which I show ANY of
> the applied tags.

Richard Combs gave a correct solution:
> Stop thinking in terms of *inclusion* and what you want to *show*;
> think in terms of *exclusion* and what you want to *hide*.

You can explain this by using mathematical logic:
"A and B" is equal to "not( not(A) or not(B) )"

Since FM only use OR logic, you need to use "inverted" conditions,
e.g. "not Ham", "not Australia", etc. (corresponding to the expression
within parenthesis), and then hide those conditions (corresponding
to the outer not expression).

This may not be easy to understand or to implement in FrameMaker,
but it's... uhm... logical :-)