Re: word spacing & justification

At 8:04 AM -0700 21/6/2001, Thomas Neuburger wrote:
>Hi Victor,
>
>I'm glad you brought this up, because I think you've uncovered a bug
>in the program.
>
>The spacing behavior you noted (where the last line of a paragraph
>seems to use different letter-spacing rules than the others) is true
>of both justified and unjustified paragraphs, at least in my
>experience, with the fonts I tend to use.

Yes, very interesting observation. I wonder whether this is related
to the bug that occasionally causes the last line of a paragraph to
spring to full justification when one disconnects or splits a text
column?

Victor, do you have Allow Automatic Letter Spacing turned on?

LTM

--
Lindsey Thomas Martin
lmartin@sfu.ca / 604.215.9490

Publications, The Fraser Institute
4th floor, 1770 Burrard Street
Vancouver BC V6J 3G7 Canada
lindseym@fraserinstitute.ca
tel 604.688.0221 x584 / fax 604.688.8539