RE: color definition question

Martha J Davidson <editrix@nemasys.com> asked:
>I know how to go to the definition of my color "CompanyName Blue" and
also
>how to navigate to the true Pantone color, but I haven't been able to
take
>this color and apply it as the definition of my blue so I can import it
>replace my on-screen shade of blue.

My approach was simply to start by defining the correct Pantone color as
the color in my Frame doc (including its name). If that color was
unreasonably hard on my eyes online, or otherwise unsuitable for use
during doc development, then I might assign it to be 100% black (if
CYMK) or 100% blue (if RGB) while creating the document.

Then do a pre-production step: open color definitions, look at the color
Pantone 1234 (or whatever it is) that you've made Black or Blue for
development purposes, select the correct Pantone color from the
libraries and apply it, and tell the dialog Yes, you want to apply the
library settings to the color you've got up on screen. (I do it this way
only because when you apply the library setting, it overwrites whatever
color name you've created already. So you might as well use the library
name in the first place.)

Deborah Snavely
Document Architect
Learning Products Engineering