color definition question

Hi everyone,

First off, thanks to everyone who sent me messages of support and job leads
during my recent job search.  I'm now in my fourth week at a new job, which
I really like so far.  I'm the first (and only, for now) tech writer at a
startup, so I get to do everything :)

For the first time, I'm using color in some of my headings, and in a few
other places, for visual effect.  I modeled some of my decisions on color
on the old Frame user guide (from 5.0, just before Adobe came into the
picture).

For online PDFs, I chose a shade of blue that's pretty close to the
official logo color, but that shows up on screen pretty well.  For final
printing, I'd like to be able to use the actual Pantone color.  I thought I
could do this by having a skeleton template file with only the changed
color definition that I could import just before generating the PDFs for
the printer.  But I'm not sure how to select an official Pantone shade as
the definition of a custom color.

I know how to go to the definition of my color "CompanyName Blue" and also
how to navigate to the true Pantone color, but I haven't been able to take
this color and apply it as the definition of my blue so I can import it to
replace my on-screen shade of blue.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
martha
--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
	--Albert Einstein