Re: SUMMARY: Problems with FM on Windows 2000?

A couple of ... um, comments ...

>David Hayes reported a general Windows font problem:
>> For all versions of FrameMaker (AFAIK) in the maker.ini file, in
>> the [WindowsToFrameFontAliases] section, the wildcards (*) only
>> seem to work reliably on Windows 95. For other versions of Windows
>> you have to use an explicit font alias entry for each font variation,
>> or else you can get nasty pop-up messages about missing fonts

I have not encounterd that behavior, and indeed I use wildcards all the
time.  I have a sample of my conversion section of my INI file at
 www.techknowledgecorp.com/tips.html -- it's the sixth item in the Frame
Things table.  One consideration that's always been true is that if you
need specific entries, you should place them before the wildcards.

>> FrameMaker 6.0 regenerates the screen slower when I have imported
>> photos into a document "by reference." The photos reside in a
>> different directory on our company intranet. The problem goes away
>> when I import "by copying."

That's always been true: A linked graphic redraws slower than an embedded.