FM on Windows 2000 - Few Problems Here

Thomas-

I guess I was exceptionally fortunate. I'm running 5.5.6 on two Win2K boxes
- one was upgraded from Win98, the other was a clean Win2K install. Both
work flawlessly.

Also, I didn't do anything special with the FM or Acrobat installs. I pretty
much just followed the prompts.

Finally, I use the dreaded "Save as PDF" feature with no problems. My files
don't seem overly large to me but perhaps I'm missing something.

I have found one Acrobat bug fairly consistently on a number of Win boxes
(it doesn't appear to be caused by Win2K). When I use the Acrobat toolbar
button to create a PDF inside MS-Word, the distiller hangs. If I kill the
distiller, the PDF file is created and is mostly useable. The one problem is
that all hyperlink hot areas are offset from the hyperlink text by a fixed X
and Y amount. It differs with each document, but the offset is consistent
within each document (if that makes sense). So I have to remember to use the
link tool to reposition the hot are over the text. No big deal but one
(IMHO) that Adobe should fix as it reflects poorly on their overall
competence.

Warmest Regards,
Michael L. Tatro
Documentation Manager/Webmaster