Re: How to get Frame-specified Web-safe colors to remain Web colors in distilled PDF?

Deborah,

Are you claiming that if you specify new colors under FrameMaker
with specific RGB values that they are not being honored? If that
is the case, what type of conversion are you seeing?

We are not aware of such a problem.

I tried an experiment:

I drew three boxes in FrameMaker using three colors that I defined
as RGB process colors. I then created a PDF file with Distiller options
that called for no color management or modifications, i.e., the "don't ph*ck
with me" settings!

Results:

        Color #1:  In FrameMaker R=20%,G=40%,B=60%;  In Acrobat 4.05c R=19.9%,G=39.8%,B=60.2%
        Color #2:  In FrameMaker R=50%,G=0%,B=50%;   In Acrobat 4.05c R=50%,G=0%,B=50%
        Color #3:  In FrameMaker R=75%,G=50%,B=25%;  In Acrobat 4.05c R=75%,G=50%,B=25%

Color in Acrobat was measured with PitStop 4.6.
Looks OK to me. Generated PostScript shows the same ...

Send me a sample FrameMaker document and resultant PDF file if you still
have a problem.

        - Dov