Re: Installing AdobePS, PPDs and printers (long)

From: "Dov Isaacs" <isaacs@Adobe.COM>
> You have made one bad assumption and that is that Acrobat 4.05a
> does not come with a driver. It does come with a version of AdobePS
> for Windows'9x, Windows NT 4, and Macintosh (on the Mac version of
> Acrobat, of course). The installer should setup that driver for
> you automatically including the PPD file.

OK. Apparently, this isn't clear to all Acrobat 4 users, who still
tries to download and install AdobePS and the PPD file. I tried to
figure out what's included in the Acrobat 4 distribution, but the
product information on Adobe's web site doesn't seem to specify this.
(I guess I should have clarified that I don't have Acrobat 4 myself)

Still, I think Adobe need to take a look at the instructions and
wordings on the Web pages I referred to, because they *are* somewhat
confusing (and even incorrect), especially for unexperienced users.
In particular, I couldn't find a separate AdobePS Setup Utility
(used for installing new printer instances), that's said to be
available once you installed the driver.

Thank you,