Re: Greek characters and Unicode

>>Well, your input is welcome, but, what there are a lot of people that says
here
and there that FrameMaker doesn't support Unicode? May be "support" has
different
meanings depending on who consider it? <...>
Please, any new
<<input that permit clarify this concern will be welcome.
O.K., let's try.
What is Unicode support in application:
= import/export Unicode plain text correctly #for any range of Unicode
symbols# (hereinafter as FARUS)
= import/export Unicode plain text to/from Clipboard correctly FARUS
= import/export multi-language documents like WordPerfect, Lotus Notes,
WordPro, Sun StarOffice 5.2, MSOffice 97-98Mac-2000 correctly FARUS
= import/export Unicode or multi-codepage RTF correctly FARUS
= import/export Unicode or multi-codepage RTF to/from Clipboard correctly
FARUS
= valid working in any localized OS and any system default locale of OS (for
ex. "FM Unicode enable" under Arabic or Thai Win2000)
= linear support FARUS for Unicode fonts like TrueType, OpenType and
Unicode-enable Type 1 (WinNT+ATM)
= correct working with multiply keyboards from different codepages
(multilingual support) and with Unicode keyboards (for ex. Indic, Central
Asian, Georgian, Armenian keyboards in W2K) in one time
= valid working with Unicode file names, network filenames,
folder/directory names FARUS
= use of Unicode name/symbols for variable, tag name, style name, bookmark,
reference etc. FARUS
= Unicode names/symbols search/replace support FARUS
= Unicode text printing to PS, PCL, QDraw (Macprinter), GDI (Winprinter),
net printer, web printer etc. FARUS
= Unicode enable HTML, XML export/import FARUS
= Unicode/Codepage/locale specific text/paragraph right sorting FARUS
= Unicode/Codepage/locale specific right conversion for small capitals,
uppercase, lowercase in Greek, Cyrillic and Cyrillic script-based, Roman and
Roman script-based and some other languages (Armenian, Georgian)

The samples of Unicode-aware applications: MS Office 97, 98, 2000; MS IE5,
5.5; MS OE; Sun StarOffice 5.2;
STAR-Transit/TermStar 3; InDesign 1.5 (partially), GoLive 5  (partially),
PhotoShop 6  (partially), XML Spy 2.5-3;

There are 15 items in my list. FrameMaker 6 does not support even one.

Dmitri Iounov
<yudmi@star.spb.ru>
Support/consulting for multilingual computing

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and
for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient,
please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer.