Using Frame to layout Chinese text

Framers,

I believe that Frame 5.5 has a double-byte feature that enables users to
open Chinese, Japanese and Korean documents. Presumably you would need the
appropriate fonts installed on your system, but do you also need, say, a
Chinese version of Windows as the OS to read and edit Chinese documents? Or
is the common-or-garden version adequate. [I need to import Word documents,
written entirely in Chinese, into Frame, update a few graphics, and lay the
document out for printing.]

Cheers

Geoff