Placing PDFs in Frame (Was why tifs in Frame docs?)

Jay Smith Wrote:

<snip>I use EPS files to avoid this issue.</snip>

Although it certainly depends on the graphic, you can see dramatic
improvement in FrameMake's performance by converting those sometimes huge
TIF and EPS files to PDF. One client complained about Frame running slower
than their old Ventura-based system. We used Acrobat Distiller to turn their
EPS graphics into PDFs. Graphics file sizes shrunk from 1-2 MB to 7 or 8 K.

Frame's performance level shot right, and the graphics (line art, in this
case) looked terrific on screen and in print.

Note that this only works in Frame 5.5.6.

Regards,
Carl
Carl Young                  Adobe Certified Training
DigiPub Solutions Corp.                     Provider
602.788.6512                  FrameMaker and Acrobat
                                   Adobe Premium VAR
www.digipubcorp.com          Chrystal Software Aspen
                                             Partner
Consulting, training, information development and
conversion services provided throughout the U.S.