Re: why tifs in Frame docs?

Melanie,

Following on Dov's comment about possible misconfiguration, may I
suggest that you print examples of the very same files from within
Photoshop, if you have access to it, or a similar program (not
Illustrator), to the very same printer(s), using the very same print
drivers, on the very same PC/Mac.

If you get identical results, then I agree with Dov's note on
misconfiguration.  However, if the results from Photoshop are "correct"
and the results from FM are different, then this speaks directly to why
I do not use TIFF files ... in the case of TIFF files, the application
program (FM in this case) makes decisions/interpretations of how to
print them.

I use EPS files to avoid this issue.

PHOTOSHOP WARNING: Because of the way Photoshop manages colors, it may
make some color management changes to the "color profiles" in a file
that was not previously opened in that version of Photoshop.  THUS,
unless you are 100% sure of yourself and experienced, do the test that I
propose with *COPIES* of said files.

Jay Smith

Melanie Shook wrote:

> I have something to add to this - Using Tiffs produced weird colors for me.
> GIFs worked better.  I have no idea why.  Needless to say, I don't think
> tiffs are the best format.

Jay Smith

e-mail: Jay@JaySmith.com

Jay Smith & Associates