Cut-off characters in German PDFs from Win Frame+SGML

Hello everyone,

I recently received the following message from a friend at work. I believe
I found a reference to cut-off letters in a really old Framers thread, but
I couldn't tell if there had been a solution posted. In the collective
experience on this list, does this problem have a simple solution? What
other information
do I need to find out to zero in on what is happening? This is a Windows
shop. As far as I know, the Production group is using FrameMaker+SGML 5.5.6
and Acrobat 3.x.

Thanks in advance.

David

>in our German manuals we are still encountering subtle (and not-so-subtle)
>font changes once the FrameMaker source files have been sent to Production
>as PDF files. In particular, "long" letters, such as "g" and "y" are
>"cut-off" at the bottom.

David Cramer, Process Innovation Evangelist          87-1313 Border Street
PBSC Computer Training Centres (an IBM company)      Winnipeg MB R3H 0X4
Corporate Office Research & Development              Canada