From: Banttari, Ananda
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 1999 6:15 PM
To: 'magazine.editor@adobe.com'
Cc: 'mhilton@adobe.com'
Subject: RE: Adobe Magazine and FM

>From the Editor of Adobe Magazine:
"Currently, there happen to be very few FrameMaker users
among the subset of Adobe customers who read Adobe Magazine."

If this is true, Adobe Magazine has only itself to blame.
Consider the number of pages containing information about
FrameMaker in recent issues:

Summer 99: one page, in the letters section (the one about
  the lack of FrameMaker coverage in Adobe Magazine).
Spring 99: nothing.
Winter 99: one page, in the Q&A section. An article
  about PDF and Acrobat has a glaring error: NO mention
  of FrameMaker.
Autumn 98: one page, in the Q&A section.

In earlier issues, FrameMaker did get some coverage:

Summer 98: one page with a paragraph about templates from
  Adobe's web site, a two-page article ("Break Out of the
  Cell. Using tables to format text and graphics in
  FrameMaker"), and one page in the Q&A section.
Spring 98: my copy is AWOL...
Winter 98: The article "Linking 101. Managing imported
  graphics files in FrameMaker, Illustrator, and PageMaker",
  which is four pages long. FrameMaker also has two pages
  in the Q&A section.

>From my viewpoint, it looks like the drastic reduction in
FrameMaker coverage probably contributed to a decline in
readership among FrameMaker users. And that has evidently
caused Adobe to include less about FrameMaker in Adobe
Magazine. That results in fewer FrameMaker users reading
the magazine, and the effects snowball.

--Ananda Banttari
    User of FrameMaker, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator,
    ImageStyler, ImageReady, and GoLive (and InDesign,
    if it ever comes in!!).

P.S. How did they tabulate how many Adobe Magazine
readers use FrameMaker?