RE: Adobe Magazine and FM

Frame of Reference was a wonderful little mag that came directly to all
frame users.  It came even after adobe bought.  It was then discontnued as
it was considered too expensive when they (adobe) could cover the same info
in a bundle mag.  Adobe magazine then came free directly to all registered
free users.  Soon enough that was considered too expensive.  Even at the
time of free readership there little emphasis on frame and it dwindled with
each issue.

We all got a lovely letter with the last iussue I ever recieved stating that
future issues would be for purchase.

Why in the **** would I pay for a magazine that does no justice to the
product that I use for my everyday work. the product that I have converted
the last four companies I worked for over to.  The product that I train,
that I think is the best in the world.

Mark keeps telling us of the commitment but adobe keeps proving him wrong. I
will not pay for a magazine that does not have a committment to the product
I use.  I will not talk kindly of a company who does not support the product
I use.  I will not buy minor upgrades of this product either.

Why don't we return to FrameMaker a product with a handy free mag to support
its customer base, a product with a book created using it that exemplifies
its features, a product that has knowledgeable accessible and free tech
support for new users.  Geez, how about an up to date web page with some
ongoing articles about this great product. It doesn't even cost any of the
precious billions the company has.

I haven't been posting for a while because I have been swamped.  My company
just provided a free .5 upgrade that came with two new books, and updated
help system, and 4 new tutorials.  Hmmnnn, customers are happy and thanking
us. BTW - tech support is free too.

Anyway, this is not going to change guys.  We would be dreaming if we
thought mark could fight the rest of adobe.  There will be a 6.0, it will be
fine.  It will probabaly have a lot of what we have been asking for.  We
will continue using it and be happy with the product. But, it will not be
advertised.  It will not appear in free or subscription adobe mags and the
percentage of printers that support it will not increase.

prove me wrong, I would love to see it happen.