Linking from FrameMaker to a native PowerPoint File

Dear Framers

Platform: Windows 98, Frame 5.5.3, Acrobat 3.0, PowerPoint (who knows what
version?). We are storing all the PDF files and the native PowerPoint file
in the same directory and telling the client that they need to keep this
configuration.

Our goal: embed all commands and formatting and everything into a Frame file
so that when it is converted to PDF, there is no hand tweaking necessary.

So far, so good. We've gotten most everything to work, including linking out
to PDF files and URLs (with the help of Shlomo, who came to our rescue last
fall).

The last challenge is to create a hypertext link that goes to a native
PowerPoint file instead of a PDF file. We've tried to create the link so
that it launches PowerPoint and opens the PowerPoint file at the same time.
So far, we're something wrong--unless I'm totally off base and my memory is
shot. I could have sworn that you could do this.

Anyone know the correct syntax? We followed what the book said, and so far,
no luck.

Am I totally wishing in the wind or have I gone nuts (don't answer that)?

Jerilynne Sander, FrameMaker A.C.E.
Simply Written, Inc.
Creators of the Clustar Method (tm) for single source documentation
NEW PHONE NUMBER: 317-562-9298
jsander@simplywritten.com
http://www.simplywritten.com