Re: Recycle sections of text in WinFrame 5.5.6

Why not create the master copy in a separate text inset file. Then, import
the text inset by reference wherever you need it. It will be updated
wherever it is used whenever you update the master copy.
At 12:34 PM 6/16/99 -0700, John Posada wrote:
>OK, guys...here's what I would like to do. You tell me
>if I'm SOL.
>
>Under instructions from my client, I'm to keep
>referencing sections of instructions to a minimum, and
>in this case, I almost agree.
>
>I have several instances where have a one to five page
>section of step procedures that can be reused in
>another section and instead of referencing the reader
>to the other section, they want me to repeat the
>instructions.
>
>What I would like to do is use something like
>Cross-reference to repeat that section. This way, and
>changes I make to the procedure in one area will
>automatically change in all places with that
>procedure.
>
>I'd rather not have to maintain that section as a
>separate file and use File -> Import, , all P and C
>tages must stick, and I need any automatic numbering
>(lists, table numbers, figure numbers, etc.) in each
>section to be numbered correctly for that section.
>
>I understand that I'd probably have to make some
>"accomodations", but I'd rather do that then maintain
>and edit a series of procedures in three different
>places individualy.
>
>Any of this make sense?

     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646