Re: Using Icons with Paragraph Tags

At 02:21 PM 6/16/99 -0400, Dalbey, Rick wrote:
>     I'm looking for a way to associate an icon from the Reference Page (or
>     anywhere else for that matter) in such a way it will automatically
>     appear at the beginning of a paragraph. I have several icons that
>     should appear with certain steps in a self-paced instruction manual.
>     Doing it manually as a graphic is possible but tedious and introduces
>     the possibility of not having the position/size consistent.
>
>     Here's what I've tried:
>
>        1. Placing the icon as the "Line Before" but this places the line
>           of text under the icon instead of top aligned with the icon.
>        2. Using negative line spacing before to move the text up. Ignores.
>        3. Change the "Run Around" properties. No change.
>
>     We are using FM 5.6, Windows95 environment.
1. Create a 1-row, 2-column unruled table.

2. Insert the paragraph that specifies the icon in a frame above in the
first column, and put the associated text in the second column.

3. Adjust the width of first column so it is just wide enough to accommodate
the icon, and adjust the width of the second column so it fills the
remaining width of the text column.

4. Put the cursor inside the table, open the Table Designer, and create a
new table format for the table. Now, you can use it each time you want to
insert an icon.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646