Conditional paragraph formatting? -Reply

some replies on using different templates.

<<< SNIP Jeremy Griffith >>>>
1. Open the template file for Audience B in Frame.

2. Save your Audience A base files so they are current.  And *don't*
save them again until after the last step here!

3. Import your B template to your book (which can include Conditional
Text settings for Audience B).  Regenerate everything.

4. Print your Audience B version.

5. Revert to Saved for all your base files (so you are back at A).

<<< ENDSNIP Jeremy Griffith >>>>

Our process is a bit different, as I have found that importing formats
(at least in 5.1.x) doesn't get all the little bits of information a
template may hold. For example, superscript and subscript percentages
might be different and other subtle nuances. Do these properties all
come in via import formats in 5.5.6?

Also, if you've removed variable formats or paragraph styles, it's
easier to weed them out and prevent excessive style-muck.

Here's what we do different:

1. Copy all in document A.
2. Paste into blank document B (new template).
3. Import formats from Current document.
4. Save As to chosen file name.

Take care,

Jason Aiken