Re: Conditional paragraph formatting? -Reply

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Jason Aiken wrote:

> Our process is a bit different, as I have found that importing formats
> (at least in 5.1.x) doesn't get all the little bits of information a
> template may hold. For example, superscript and subscript percentages
> might be different and other subtle nuances. Do these properties all
> come in via import formats in 5.5.6?

On page 297-297 in the 5.5 User Guide, it's stated what is affected
by importing different formats. It doesn't seem like sub/superscript
settings are among them.

However, there is another way to import such settings:
1. Create a small MIF file with only the settings you wish to import.
   You have to study the MIF manual or an existing MIF file to get
   the statements right.
2. Import this MIF file with File > Import > File. No content will
   be affected, only the settings you define in the MIF file are
   "imported" into the document.

Unfortunately, this cannot be done on a book level.

As an example of such a MIF file for sub/superscript settings:
<MIFFile 5.50>
<Document
 <DSuperscriptSize  80.0%>
 <DSubscriptSize  80.0%>
 <DSmallCapsSize  80.0%>
 <DSuperscriptShift  40.0%>
 <DSubscriptShift  25.0%>
 <DSuperscriptStretch  100.0%>
 <DSubscriptStretch  100.0%>
 <DSmallCapsStretch  100.0%>

Change the percentage to your own liking.

Thomas Michanek, Documentation Manager, Telelogic Tau
Telelogic AB, Teknikringen 9, SE-58330 Linkoping, SWEDEN
PHONE:  +46 (0)13 211450   <--  *** new from April 1 ***
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telelogic.com
WWW 1:  http://www.telelogic.com
WWW 2:  http://hem1.passagen.se/framers