Re: It Stinks - Reply

Mary Ohanessian Sumner wrote:

> Why not use Adobe's own product (Illustrator) for illustrations which works
> best in FrameMaker and in all other desktop publishing programs?

I don't know a single engineer who is familiar
with Illustrator or willing to learn it.  They
tell me it's too big, too difficult, and too
intimidating. The engineers I've worked with find
Visio very easy--they can drag and drop a highly
detailed, prepackaged picture *of a specific
product* onto a grid and hook it up to another
picture--bingo! Instant network diagram.  You
can't do that in Illustrator.
--
Sarah Stegall                 ||  Senior Technical
Writer