Re: Article in Publish Magazine Had Little on FrameMaker

At 4:31 PM -0800 30/03/99, you wrote:
>...  Rumors can
>be very damaging to a company; I offer Apple as an example of how
>rumors of their demise took their market share into a nearly-fatal
>tailspin.  Solid products and marketing savvy have helped them
>realize a respectable comeback.

Yes, this is a classic case study in a near self-fulfilling prophesy. Since
1986 the press and PC users have been predicting Apple's demise, and in
late 1997 it almost happened.  I'm very glad it didn't.  I switched from PC
to Mac about four and a half years ago and have found them much nicer tools
to work with - not perfect, but a superior implementation of the whole idea
of a "personal computer".  I hope that their comeback continues unabated.
I've got three Macs now, and they are all solid computers.  The G3 Series
PowerBook is the nicest computer I've ever used.  It's too bad they are so
expensive.

cheers,
Bill