Re: Article in Publish Magazine Had Little on FrameMaker

(Part of what) Jay Smith wrote:

> I will assume that Adobe's B. Mark Hilton's comments about the lack of
> marketing focus on FM over the last few months is the reason for the lack of
> visibility in the article -- after all, many reporters just repeat what they
> are told; if there is no one to tell them....

Not unlike many people on this very forum, it would seem.  Rumors can
be very damaging to a company; I offer Apple as an example of how
rumors of their demise took their market share into a nearly-fatal
tailspin.  Solid products and marketing savvy have helped them
realize a respectable comeback.

That said, I suppose it is nearly impossible to rid these forums
of all conjecture about the company we rely upon for our various
livelihoods.  Conjecture and speculation are one thing; vicious
cynicism based on anecdotal evidence is quite another.  I'd prefer
it if we kept the distinction of fact and fiction clear.

Cents: Two

Best,

-- Tom

Tom Regner