RE: It Stinks

Framers,

Forgive me, but I had no idea that these groups had such conspiracy minded
participants.

Look, late last year and early this year FrameMaker marketing was being run
by an interim Group Product Manager while Adobe interviewed to fill the
position I'm now in.  This Group Product Manager was responsible for several
products and was spread very thin.  The lack of FrameMaker marketing focus
during this time is reflected in the MacWorld experience that is being
discussed, the lack of FrameMaker content in Adobe Magazine, and other
similar situations.  Nothing else! Yes, last year there was a "hiccup"
within Adobe with respect to FrameMaker, but we are, and have been, past
that for several months now.  As I said in my email of a few weeks ago, we
are moving forward.

I gladly listen to any constructive comments on improving the product,
suggestions on improving the marketing of the product, and the raising of
concerns by the user community. However, all this constant resurrecting of
rumors of FrameMaker's demise only serves to fuel more concerns with
potential new users and slows FrameMaker developers from developing software
for your consumption.  As you can guess this does not help the growth of the
FrameMaker customer base.  Just in case you weren't clear on this point, its
the growth of the FrameMaker customer base that fuels investment in the
product.

Let's work together to grow the numbers, not scare them away.  I'm working
on my part.  You can do your part by stopping the discussion of these rumors
(and, of course, by buying more licenses and maintenance contracts).

Regards,

Mark

B. Mark Hilton
Group Manager, FrameMaker Marketing