Re: RunningHeaders in FrameMaker+SGML

Why not define the header/footer variables as follows:
1. Header/Footer 2 for left-hand pages:
        <$paratext[Heading3]> | <$paratext[Heading2]>
2. Header/Footer 3 for right-hand pages:
        <$paratext[Heading2]> | <$paratext[Heading3]>

As far as the "sidebar" autonumbering goes, it's unclear what you're trying
to do (or why), but there's no way in FM or FM+SGML to format one building
block in an autonumering specification one way, and format another building
block in the same specification another way. You can apply a character
format tag to an entire autonumbering string, but not to individual building
blocks within it.
At 06:20 PM 3/8/99 +0100, N. Silakhori wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I am using two different running headers in the header of left and right
>pages as follows:
>
>-RunningH/F2 for <paratext> of headers at level 2 with
>  <A>.<n+>\t for autonumbering format
>-RunningH/F3 for <paratext> of headers at level 3 with
>  <A>.<n>.<n+>\t for autonumbering format
>
>The headers on left pages contain [RunningH/F3 | RunningH/F2]
>which is left aligned and the header on right pages contain
>[RunningH/F2 | RunningH/F3] which is right aligned.
>
>The problem is that I don't know how to create the " | " between
>running headers in the correct way. If define the pipe and the
>surrounding spaces in RunningH/F3 then it goes wrong for right
>pages.
>
>Other problem is that I don't know how to represent the autonumbering
>for these two levels at top of the sidebar of each page in the
>following format: <n><superscript><n+></superscript>
>This means representing of autonumber of headers as pre-defined in
>building blocks and at the same time representing these number in
>the sidebar of each page in a very different style and format.
>
>Thanx in advance for any tips and hints
>
>N. Silakhori (Zoetermeer, The Netherlands)

     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646